WordPress 3.6.1

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference WordPress 3.6.1

This topic contains 6 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  C.C. Blewett 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

C.C. Blewett

I’ve searched the site and support, but couldn’t find the answer (which doesn’t mean it isn’t there).
    How will I know if I should apply a WordPress update or not. I don’t want to mess up anything relative to your Pro themes.
    Thanks!

Sushil Adhikari

Very good question… there is always going to be a risk whenever someone updates WordPress, a theme, or even a plugin. I always recommend “everyone” to have a method of backing up their site and site files before they do any kind of update, especially with WordPress. There’s a few plugins out there that does backups, but you may want to consider VaultPress.

How future updates of WordPress will affect your third party plugins, or even other themes will always have a risk, but for the most part, you should be ok. It also depends on what version you are upgrading from as well, so if you’ve been on 3.6.0, then going to 3.6.1 should be fine. But, I still say always keep regular backups.

Simon Fisher

does the Preference theme even support 3.6 or 3.6.1? It says only 3.5.

Sushil Adhikari

You should be fine with 3.6.1. I would make sure your plugins are of course updated if they don’t support the latest WP version. Preference was built when 3.5 was out which is why it states it was built on 3.5, but again, you should be ok with 3.6.1.

C.C. Blewett

I’m using 3.6.1 with no problems to date. heartoftexasranch.net

Simon Fisher

Just installed 3.5.2, but perhaps I’ll upgrade to 3.6.1.

Thanks
    Simon

Sushil Adhikari

it would be recommended to update because updates often include security fixes…same for plugins as well. I generally make it a habit to read the Changelog details of what was updated or added first before I update anything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.