There are at least two popular methods of installing a theme into WordPress:
- Using the built-in Installer
- Manually uploading the theme
Using the Installer
If you downloaded this theme, you will need to log into your site’s admin area (dashboard as WordPress calls it).
- Go to Appearance >> Themes
- When on the themes page, clickon the “Install Themes” tab
- Click on the text link “Upload“, browse for the st_preference.zip and then click “Install Now“
- Once uploaded and it’s installed, click “Activate” and then you’re done!
For most people, you won’t be using this method but is available as an alternative.
- Unzip the preference-lite.zip file to your desktop
- Open your FTP program
- Find the unzipped folder “preference-lite” and make sure the theme files are inside that and not a double folder named the same. If there is, then upload the folder that has the theme files showing in it.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard >> Appearance >> Themes >> Manage Themes tab
- Find the Preference theme and click “Activate“
When you’ve activated your theme, you should see this in the admin area:
The front of your site should now look like this: