With Celestial, you get several options that are built-into the theme to give you the ability to personalize your website by using the available customization features that come with this theme. Normally theme sites code in third party option panels, but I decided to keep to the official WordPress methods by taking full advantage of their built-in customizer (new to WordPress 3.4). To see what the customizer looks like, you can check out the screenshots below:
Celestial Customization Options
As you can see in the above screenshot, you get option tabs, each with a series of settings that let you customize your new theme in “real time”…which means as you make a change, you can see the result dynamically in the right side window. The benefit of this is that you can see what something looks like before making it official and live to the public.
- Site Title & Tagline – Set your logo options
- Basic Settings – Miscellaneous settings
- Social Networking – icons and links for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Colours – change the colours for almost everything in your theme
- Header Image – for your header showcase area
- Background Image – for your overall page background
- Static Front Page – choosing your front page and blog locations
Find the Customizer
Currently WordPress has this setup off the Themes page in the admin on each theme listed. To access the customizer for Celestial, when this theme is active find it here:
- Go to Appearance >> Themes >> click on the text link “Customize”
- The customizer window opens and you can begin making changes in real time.
- Any changes you make, simply click the “Save & Publish” button and then Close