Welcome to the Encounters Lite introduction…as you go through these setup tutorials, I will be assuming you already know the basics of how WordPress functions and that hopefully, although not required, that you have at least some basic knowledge of CSS and HTML. If you don’t, you really should have these skills because at some point whether you are using my themes or others, you may need to make some form of modification adjustment to a page element or style.
About Encounters Lite
Encounters Lite is a theme that was designed to cover a wide range of types of business websites from blogs to full sized sites. To give you an idea, here are some ideal uses:
- Personal or simple business blogging
- Information based websites
- Professionals such as lawyers, accountants, consultants, etc.
- Corporate intranets
- Hospitality industry
- Design and Illustrative fields
I am sure there are more but overall the idea is to show that you can use Encounters Lite for a multitude of websites.
What is Included?
If you download Encounters Lite, you will get a zip file to install which is the actual theme: encounters-lite.zip
What is Not Included?
Aside from what is included, there are a few things that are “not” included:
- Plugns – I chose not to include plugins because these are third party products and I leave the choice for users of my themes to decide what plugins they want to use. I don’t like the idea of theme site developers coding in plugins and scripts that someone may not want, but also, the more you put in, the more chances you will end up in problems from buggy code, incompatibility issues, and of course, it makes it much hard to keep a theme up to date. However, Encounters Lite does use plugins, so while you setup your Encounters Lite theme, I will tell you what plugins the demo website uses and give you the choice if you want to install them.
- PSD Files – These are the Photoshop templates that are used to establish the overall look and style of the theme, also known as a mock-up
- Demo Content – Demo content is not included because for WordPress, this is actually very difficult. The XML file that the export generates only puts in posts, comments, menus, and users. What it doesn’t do however, is setup widgets – which is actually very important.
- Photos – Photos is part of the content but the problem is that the photos used in the demo are licensed photographs that were obtained from www.veer.com and cannot be redistributed. Unfortunately the import feature in WordPress gives the user the opportunity to download the photos from the source and this I cannot do because of the license. If I did include photos, each photo would cost me $180 each. However, if you want photos from Veer, they would cost $2.25 each only.
The Pro Version of Encounters
Encounters Lite does have a “Pro” version which is available from the styledthemes.com website. The Pro version of Encounters offers a lot more features than does the Lite version, so if you want more, consider getting the pro. Please note that the pro version is a separate theme and would be installed as a separate theme as appose to upgrading the Lite with it.