Circumference offers several features, but some require plugins if you decide to use them and should be considered as optional. You will need to download and install these because they are not included in the download of this theme. I do this so that everyone can choose which plugins they want to install, but it also ensures the most recent version of each plugin is installed.
To install plugins, you will go to:
Appearance >> Plugins >> Add New
Do a search for the name, click Install, and Activate.
Plugins the Demo Site Uses
- UpDraftPlus – This is a backup plugin that creates backups of your complete site, plugins, uploads, and database.
- Widget CSS Classes – This lets you assign styles (classes) to widgets
- Dynamic Widgets – This lets you publish widgets to your choice of pages, posts, etc.
- Advanced Custom Fields – This lets you add content and other things to a web page. For this theme, it’s used for the Header Backgrounds and Captions.
- Breadcrumb NavXT – This gives you a breadcrumb navigation above the content area in pages
- Contact Form 7 – This gives you the contact form
- Hide Title – Allows you to hide the titles of posts or pages, individually.
- Hupso Share Buttons for Twitter, Facebook & Google+ – This adds social icons to share a post to your friends.
- Page Builder by Site Origin – Build your pages with many layout possibilities with a drag and drop method of page building
- Preserved HTML Editor Markup – A WordPress Plugin that preserves HTML markup in the TinyMCE editor, especially when switching between Visual and Text on the editor
- Recent Posts Plus – Gives you a Recent Posts widget with the flexibility of layouts, content, and featured image thumbnails
- Remove Widget Titles – This gives you the ability to disable widget titles – perfect for sliders and banners
- Simply Exclude – This gives you the ability to exclude categories, posts, and more from different parts of your website. I used it to exclude special post formats from the main blog.
- WP Google Maps – This gives you an amazing map for your website with many options
- Widgetkit Lite – Used for the front page slideshow, Widgetkit Gallery, Twitter widget, as well media such as the audio posts I have.