With Luminescence Lite, you get several options that are built-into the theme to give you the ability to personalize your website by using the available customization features that come with this theme. Normally theme sites code in third party option panels, but I decided to keep to the official WordPress methods by taking full advantage of their built-in customizer (new since WordPress 3.4+). To see what the customizer looks like, you can check out the screenshots below:
Luminescence Customization Options
As you can see in the above screenshot, you get option tabs, each with a series of settings that let you customize your new theme in “real time”…which means as you make a change, you can see the result dynamically in the right side window. The benefit of this is that you can see what something looks like before making it official and live to the public.
- Site Title & Tagline – Set your logo options
- Basic Settings – Miscellaneous settings
- Colours – change the colours for almost everything in your theme
- Headings, Text, and Links – For your page content and links
- Social Networking – Set up your social networking icons
- Background Image – for your overall page background
- Navigation – For selecting menus
- Static Front Page – choosing your front page and blog locations
Find the Customizer
You have two places you can access the Customizer.
Option One is to click on the big button in the Dashboard once you log into your admin.
- Log into your admin (dashboard)
- Click on the big blue “Customize Your Site” button
- Make your changes in real time preview
- Click Save & Publish and then Close
Option Two is to go to your theme page.
- Go to Appearance >> Themes >> click on the text link “Customize”
- The customizer window opens and you can begin making changes in real time.
- Any changes you make, simply click the “Save & Publish” button and then Close